Using your own car or renting a car is probably the easiest and the most convenient way to travel around Bandung and surrounds. If you don't have a valid driving licence, then you can also rent a car with a chauffeur, which is very common for western travelers. Perhaps it is even better to rent a car from Jakarta. You can stop for one night in Puncak, Bogor or Sukabumi.
World-wide Car Rental companies are now available in major cities in Indonesia:
- Mulia Car Rental well known for their reliable service and reasonable rate. tel: (62) (22) 70750566 - 70167297, mobile: +62 8122015474.
- EuropCar Rental in Bandung (also in Jakarta and Semarang)
Location: Bandung Airport (Hussein Sastranegara Airport). Tel: +62 (22) 6015871
For Local Car Rental in Bandung:
- TotalCarRental, Jl. Jajaway Dago Atas no. 12FA, Bandung 40135, Tel: +62 (22) 8252 0044. They also provide Bandung tour packages that you can choose.
- Cipaganti, Jl Cipaganti 84, Bandung 40131. Tel.: (62)(22) 2034376. Good, reliable service.
- Dirgantara, Jl Lamping 7, Bandung 40131. Tel.: (62)(22) 2035050.
- Lysan, Kompl Mitra Dago Parahyangan Bl I/11, Bandung. Tel.: (62)(22) 7217070.
- Revin Tour & Travel, Jl Gatot Subroto 201, Bandung. Tel.: (62) (22) 7330111
Note that traffic in Bandung is so complex and the city administration likes to make experiments about the traffic. There are lack of traffic signs and directions. Most major roads are one-way, which makes it difficult to turn around if you are lost. Becareful to enter a street that it might be a one-way street from the opposite direction and there is no no-entry sign. Then, there is a police hiding somewhere and at once he will pop up instantly to stop you, which finally you will have to pay him some money.